Tuesday 27 September 2016

Dogs, dogs, dogs....

You know... there's so much that I love about life, I can't begin to tell you.... but when it comes to my furry friends - or not so furry in the case of my goldfish!!! - then dogs and cats have to be up there with the best. Since we have been together, Mr P and I have never been without our furry friends. He had a cat called Lucy when I met him, and she had babies which gave us a large ginger and white tom, called Thomas. Yes, I know... very original

When we married we got our first doggie, a beautiful dobermann called Tasha. She was our baby, but unfortunately she died aged 6months old. A day permanently etched in our memory forever more. 

Since then, we have had a few woofers, a few more cats, as well you know if you are a regular reader of my blog, and we now have three spaniels, two cats and three fish. All very spoilt, but all very loved. 

So when my crafty friend Pamela showed me the Crazy Cats collection of stamps from Tim Holtz, I immediately fell in love and saw some quirky things that our cats did. Albeit, I never had chance to sit and stamp, then colour them in as I had too much 'other stuff' to do. Obviously that has changed in the past few weeks, and I am starting to enjoy my crafting again for me - finding things that I have scurried away for a rainy day.. 

Pamela also showed me her new collection of Crazy Dogs... of course, I had to have them and invested in the stamps and the matching dies for these. I got them from my lovely friend Donald who owns Craft World Scotland, and I must add what fantastic delivery he does too!!! Ordered one day, delivery the next. 

So... these dies were put to one side and last week I got them out and coloured them up. This is what I came out with. Very simple cards, but I hope you like them. 


I chose to use some lovely papers from the Santoro pack to have as my base on my card. The layers were cut on my Scan and Cut, which made it so simple to do whilst I got on with the important part of colouring my image! If you don't have the Scan and Cut, I can give you dimensions for the matting and layering, please leave me a comment to ask. 

The pens I used to colour this little fella are Promarkers and they are listed under Single Dog at the end of the post. I chose an olive green ribbon to go down the side of the card and the wording was also cut on the Scan and Cut. Just a simple 'Hello' as I don't often put sentiments on my cards. 


In the centre of the ribbon bow is a button that I got in a pack from Hobbycraft. I just snipped off the back loop from the button (not too close as you don't want the top bead popping out!) and used hot glue to fix it into place on the ribbon. I finished off the little guy with white gel pen and a fine line of blue highlight around to add some depth. I added some Nuvo drops to the corners as my little gems. 



This card is not as simple as the first one, as I had to do some masking off and stamping over with different stamps. If you haven't done this technique before, just ask, and I will try to do a little video tutorial for you. 

I used promarkers to colour the animals in - two from the dog set and a cat from the Crazy Cats. I am just in love with the characters of the animals - I can see elements of the stamps in my dogs and cats here - all crazy.. but cute!


The background was cut on the Scan and Cut again, using one of the Christmas corners from the USB. I cut it four times and joined them in the centres. Again, I used the machine to do the mats and layers and also the wording for the card. 


You can see where I have used the white gel pen on the images to add a few highlights. I also went around the outside of the inner frame with a red pen to doodle a little interior framework. This was because the doggy had a red collar on and I hadn't included any red anywhere in the card. This just sorta finishes it off. 

Well... that's it for now... I will be back to show you a few other things I've been upto... but for now, here's the shopping list for the things I used. Happy Crafting everyone!!!

SHOPPING LIST - SINGLE DOG

Momento Ink - Rich Cocoa Brown  (available from the Craft Barn)
Santoro Paper Pack - GOR 160109 (Available from Stuff for Crafts )
 Stampers Anonymous CMS5271 Tim Holtz  - Crazy Dogs (Available from Craft World)
Promarkers - (Available from Art of Craft)
Raw Sienna, Cocoa, Burnt Sienna, Marsh Green, 
Pear Green, Cool Grey 5, Baby Pink, Antique Pink 
White gel pen
Black card stock
White base card 8 x 8 inches
Offcut of green ribbon
One fancy button
Black Nuvo Drops or black pearl gems

SHOPPING LIST FOR GROUP CARD

Momento Ink - Rich Cocoa Brown (as above)
Stampers Anonymous CMS 5271 Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs (as above)
Stampers Anonymous CMS 251 Tim Holtz  Crazy Cats (follow link as above)
Post it notes to use for masking of stamps
Promarkers (available from Art of Craft, as above)
Sandstone, Cinnamon, Henna, Cool Grey 1, Cool Grey 3, Cool Grey 5
Red Poppy, Leaf Green, Marsh Green, Denim Blue, Mustard, Gold
Raw Sienna, Baby Pink, Antique Pink
Black card 
White card blank 8 x 8 inches
Red fineliner pen
White gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Love the dogs. I have problems stamping...can never get even stamp...need to try again so will keep following you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dogs. I have problems stamping...can never get even stamp...need to try again so will keep following you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo as ever your cards are amazing, it's lovely that you can finally do something you really enjoy doing :-) I'm rubbish at stamping lol, I do try every now & then as I inherited some stamps & inks from my mum, plus I had some 'have a go stamps' the pic of 3 animals is gorgeous but I wouldn't know where to begin!!
    Take care, enjoy your furbabies & grandparent furbabies :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo as ever your cards are amazing, it's lovely that you can finally do something you really enjoy doing :-) I'm rubbish at stamping lol, I do try every now & then as I inherited some stamps & inks from my mum, plus I had some 'have a go stamps' the pic of 3 animals is gorgeous but I wouldn't know where to begin!!
    Take care, enjoy your furbabies & grandparent furbabies :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips