Wednesday 11 May 2016

You and Me....

Hi everyone... 

How are we all? This week has been so lovely hasn't it? Really nice and warm... in fact, I even have a bit of sunshine on me! Now that is unheard of!! I don't catch the sun and my default colour is white, then red, then white! But this is something new for 2016!

We've managed to get our lawn turfed, our baskets are out, the plants are in and all is looking lovely in the garden at the minute. Even the little frog has taken up residence in the pond but doesn't seem to using his little Frogilo abode yet... not that I've seen anyway. 

Still... onto today's card, and I thought I would share something you could do with your Tonic Patterned Panels - the Quatrefoil. 

I used it to create a background for another diecut, the heart in this case from the Essentials layering sets. And as you can see, it works wonderfully. 


All you need to do is to cut your Panel die so it is wide enough for your die to go over. This one took two cuts side by side to get the background for the heart. 

I cut the outside edge of the heart onto the quatrefoil and also out of the red card and a base colour paper. The smaller size plain heart was used just inside the red outer edge to create a lovely border to stick over the quatrefoil. 

I added some layers to the card using coordinating cardstock and papers from our Tonic range and a little bit of ribbon. I stamped a greeting from a wedding set of stamps I had on my shelf, and cut this to create a little banner. 

I die cut a swirl from one of our Beautiful Blooms dies and also some Gerbera from the same set of dies. These were attached to the completed heart, which in turn was attached to the front of the card. 

I used card candi to finish the card on the smaller panel. A large pearl was attached to the middle of the Gerbera and a few nuvo drops applied to the greeting. 

I hope this card inspires you... xxx

3 comments:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips