Tuesday 10 May 2016

A little birdy told me....

hi Crafters..

Have you all managed to catch the shows today with the new Rococo dies on? I hope you did.... I was hoping to catch up with them today, but the app for Create and Craft wasn't playing this evening, so I will have to play it back on my Sky Box tomorrow. 

I am sure you will love the dies just as much as I did... the little birdhouse is sooooo cute!! So this is the one that I have decided to share with you all tonight. 


I decided to keep this one fairly simple as I had had my pretty papers for a while and decided to use them for this card. Talk about hyperventilating when taking out that first sheet from a new pad!!!!

I cut the birdhouse out of Kraft card and embossed it with my embossing mat to bring out the details. I repeated this twice. I them choose some coordinating papers from the pad and glued the birdhouses to it. I trimmed around the edges, making the second one slightly smaller by trimming off the outside bits as you can see below. 


I knew I had a little stamp set which was perfect to go with the little house, so I dug it out of my stash, coloured the birdies up with my Nuvo pens and added my little greeting. I cut this out with an oval layering die so I could keep it plain, with a scalloped edge in a contrast. For the dots, I used the Walnut Nuvo drops and let them dry. I added them to the birdhouse and also around the edges of the oval. 

The card was matted with the papers and kraft card, a little bit of ribbon as a small decoration and a tiny bow glued to the top of the little birdy love hut. 

I hope you like the card, but more importantly, I hope that if you are a newbie to crafting, you feel you can achieve something nice and simple like this card. 

Lots of love
Jo xx

1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips