Tuesday 3 November 2015

Guess what I've been doing....

Morning crafty peeps.... 

I thought I would spend a little bit of time catching up on my blogging as I haven't really had the time to do any for a while and I've got lots of things to share!

As you know, I do the workshops at the Craft shows for Tonic, and we have been a bit busy running up and down the country doing 'our thing'... so time has been a bit limited! Add into that some decorating, building work, painting, sorting and general house-y stuff and time has just disappeared!!

Anyway... I did find time to have a dabble with my Silhouette Cameo. This damn thing haunts me!! 

I have had it for a few years now, and it has cut all but the smallest amount of cardstock - trying to find what I could do with it was a nightmare. Trying to find the perfect cut - was a nightmare. Setting it up - was a nightmare.. The whole thing was - yes you guessed it - a total nightmare. 

But - BUT - I have found one thing I can do with it after all this time!! I can cut vinyl!


This is what I have managed to achieve on my little bits of vinyl I had left over from doing my glass block lamps. (I didn't use the vinyl - I cheated and used dies to cut out the designs!!)

The one above is on the side of the laundry wall... and was the first thing I managed to sort out to cut properly. I found the text on Pinterest and loved the wording, so changed the fonts, added a few swirls and off we went....


These two little coasters are made from small four inch tiles... and I cut the wordings again from the vinyl and just added it to the tiles. This was scaled down to fit so was very fiddly to try and do.. but I think they worked well in the end.

Now... this one below is my favourite.


I have made two of these... one of them is alot smaller - a grand old size of around three inches across, to fit in a dedicated space in my kitchen.

I love the wording, and this was a download from the Silhouette store. All I needed to do was scale it down to the size I needed and that was that.

I hope you like today's diverse little projects... I know they're a bit different from cardmaking but hey - that's what craft is all about eh?

Until next time. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips