Monday 19 October 2015

It's a Pick of the Day time.....

Hi all.... 

It's been a few days since I was able to get on and share a few things with you, so tonight I thought I would make it worth your while and show you some of my samples for tomorrow night's Pick of the Day from Tonic, which is being bought to you by Jodie. 

I have waited so long to be able to play with these beautiful products, and I'm sure you are going to love them totally too!

They are the Double Detail die and Stencil sets - as you can see, you get the die to cut the pattern and also the stencil which you can use paste, inks or as a general draw-through stencil. 


As you can see, there are four sets in the collection and each of them are as lovely as the other... although, I must admit, I think this one below has to be my favourite... This one is the Aztec Allium. 


To begin with on this card, I stamped my image along some white stamping cardstock and coloured it in with the Nuvo pens. I had heat embossed with the Tonic embossing powder - and I admit, it's the nicest black fine powder I have found! And I've tried a few!!!

I then used the die from the set to cut two pieces out of black card and reversed one to face the opposite way. These were then placed onto the card, with the edges tucked tight against the previous layer, but with the centre sections a little more dimensional. 


You can see I also cut the wings from some of the butterflies to enable them to 'flutter' on the card. I added nuvo drops to finish the edges. 

The next card I want to show you uses the Decorative Daffodil. This was a very simple card, so if you are new to cardmaking you will find it easy to replicate this card. 



The strip across the top was cut from a small piece of cardstock, then embossed with the mat that comes with your machine. 

Whilst the stencil was in place, I took a little finger dauber and some ink and lightly brushed over the design to accent the embossing detail a bit more. It also added a little bit of colour to the card, so with it being black, white and another colour, you can change it to male or female, older or younger. The design is so generic. 


You can see the embossing detail and colouring here a little bit more. To finish the card, I used a little bit of glitter and glue and a whilte gel pen to go around the outside edges. It was simply matted and layered onto the base. 

So... you know me.... I love my colouring... and I had to find a way to incorporate the dies / stencils with colouring... and here it is!


I took the stencil from the pack and used a very fine black pen to draw in through the lines of the stencil. I then coloured in the lines to give them an edge. 

I used water based pens - Tim Holtz distress inks - to colour the designs in so it gave it a lighter look. 

I added glitter around the outside edge, then placed my whole card together using papers from our Tonic range.

Here's your little close up of the daffodils so you can see them more clearly. 


I hope this post has inspired you to look past the dies, and see what else you can do with this little collection.... 

I will be back soon to share a few more posts with you from these beautiful sets. 

Until then.... Happy Crafting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, your cards are brilliant, I really really like the versatility of the dies n stencils. This is my type of crafting. I really want them but money is a little tight at the moment. I'm hoping I can afford the mousse tho as I use 3D paste a lot in my mix media creations. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips