Tuesday 6 October 2015

Chalk Dust...

What is it about chalk that makes me think of school?

I know that these days they have all the hi-tech stuff like whiteboards and such, but for me, school will always be about having things written on a proper blackboard with chalks of varying colours - and even having a blackboard rubber aimed at the head by a very grumpy Geography teacher!! If I'm honest, it was much better than being called an empty weetabix box... lol. Those were the days eh?!

Anyway.... onto today's post... and yes, you guessed it, I am going to share a couple of makes from the Chalkboard dies from Tonic.

I've decided to show you two ways to use the frames.

The first card that I want to show you is using the stamps and frames that come within the range. This one is called Special Occasion, and you will recieve the outside and inner designs, a lovely lattice insert and also the matching set of three stamps and the outside of the stamp which you can use to create a frame or just simply for placement of the stamps.



All of the stamps within the sets coordinate with each other and you can play to create multiples of different sentiments!

As you can see, I cut mine from black cardstock, then the inner section was stamp and heat embossed in white powder. I then took a white pencil and went around the outside of the wording to create a shadow... like the chalk had smudged ... and finished it off by colouring parts with coloured pencils.


Now... on the card below, I left it a bit more cute... and did what I love... came back to the stamping and used the dies as a frame to sit my Magnolia stamp in.


I chose Tonic paper and cardstock to layer and decorate, and the frame of the little Bumble was cut using the inner part of the die set.

I had to hold the die in place to draw around the edge where it met the feet, so that I could cut around them with a pair of scissors. This made them dangle on the outside of the frame so it looked like he was sat on it.


Little bumble (as I like to call this stamp) was coloured with the Tonic Nuvo pens, but I added a little bit of prisma pencil to the hair to give it a little extra oomph!

Glitter was sprinkled onto the wings to add a finishing bit of sparkle. And then I completed the card using a few dots of Card Candi from Craftwork cards on the corners.

Nice and simple... but this could easily have been a decoupage or other stamped image... the frames are so multifunctional and useful - and also very pretty!!

I will be back shortly to show you another couple of makes.... with a different frame set too!

Until next time. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips