Thursday 6 August 2015

Ladies Day.....

Good evening everyone.... Phew, what a busy couple of weeks I've had!

I can finally catch my breath for a minute to share a quick blog post with you to show what I've been upto! Tonic have bought out some fantastic stamps and pens, and they are really something... they are perfect in every way - but I feel a need for a trillion other colours in the range!!! 

As you will see from the samples below (not brilliant photos I'm afraid, as they were taken at night hence the flash!) they blend wonderfully within the other colour sets in the range.... let me talk you around them. 

This is the first stamp in the Ladies Day set. There are two in the Ladies Day, two in the Elegance and three in the Accesories. 


The card above I started off with the browns for the skin tones, and the greys for the hair. I did try to keep saying yesterday - always start with the hair and skin - if you do, the dress will always look right, and if you make a mistake, you haven't wasted so much time.

I then moved onto the dress, where I used the three shades of yellow, and mixed it with one of the oranges and one of the reds. You can see they work beautifully together. I also chose my papers before I decided on the colours for the layers, decorations or indeed my colouring. It makes life easier!

Now the card below is the second stamp in the Ladies Day collection.


Isn't the movement on this stamp just wonderful. Fantastic artistic illustration work on all the stamps within the range, hand drawn by our illustrator Lucy, who works down at the Office. What a little gem she is...

I must admit, this is my favourite set.. I know I shouldn't have favourites. So. The papers came first, as usual, then the skin tones and hair coloured first before choosing the colours for the dress.

For the skin, I chose the fair skin tones, but added some darker shading with the lightest brown, 461, to the outer edges, then blended it all together. The hair was the three shades of brown, with a little dark grey, 491, for shadows.

I chose to stamp the image again onto some patterned paper to match the background, then fussy cut around the edges to paper piece on the image. I still added some shading around the dress with the medium and dark greys, 487 and 489.

The last card was finished off with some Nuvo drops too, and you can see they blend perfectly with the colours of the pens and also my cardstock.

Well, that's it for tonight I'm afraid... I hope to be back sometime the next couple of days or so to show you a little more inspiration.

Until then, Happy Crafting all. xxx

2 comments:

  1. I received my pens yesterday. I think they're going to take some getting used to as my skin tone looked a bit yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my pens yesterday. I think they're going to take some getting used to as my skin tone looked a bit yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips