Monday 20 July 2015

The Gift of Love....

Evening folks..... 

I hope the post today finds you all well, and five of my readers enjoying a little present from Tonic? The reason I say this, is that Tonic have sent out five of our Tangerines to randomly picked folks and they should've received their little gifts by now. I really hope it's someone I know from my blog. 

The Tangerine is now on sale in a selection of our retailers, and you should be able to find listings of who these are on our Facebook page and on the Tonic Gold page. It's quite an extraordinary machine - fully metal insides so toughness is key with this beauty!

Anyway, onto tonights card, and I have a couple of samples to show you from the Tag die, and the Gift of Love die. These were two from our previous shows, and they work together beautifully. 


I went for a pale blue, grey and silver look to this card, and you can see the layers were cut from various colours. The frame for the sentiment was cut from pale blue, then mounted on to the pale grey. Wording was cut, layered up and then mounted with foam pads.

You can see the tags clearer on the photo above, they were all cut with the tag section facing to the middle line, so that when I popped the border across the centre, it covered up all the bits I didn't need to see. It makes a lovely background doesn't it?


The topper comes complete with the frame layers and the wording, so it's perfect on its own, or to create a centre for a card like this. The font on the wording is just lovely.

As you can see, I dotted some Nuvo drops on the edges of the border and the frame too. I did it very quickly, so I did get the doughnuts, but they are so small that you don't notice on the actual card itself.


You can also see that there are embossing areas that you can pick out on the wordings too, so just run it through with your tan mats, or lime green mat if you are using the Tangerine, and it will emboss it beautifully.

Another simple card idea for you below too, using the papers from the collection and a simple bit of scoring and folding to create an envelobox.


I used the frame and sentiment to create a wrap to hold the box shut, but when you remove the wrap and open up the box, you have a set of tags that are simply decorated for you to put your photographs on. I will try to pop up a tutorial for this fold at some point, but honestly, it is quite easy!

The mini album on the inside has six sides, three folders in there, each with their own tag. So you can decorate to your hearts content with photographs, or clippings, quotes etc.


Well. I hope you like tonights little post.... it gives you a couple of different ideas of what you can do with the Romantic Cottage collection and die sets.

Until next time,

Jo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips