Wednesday 8 July 2015

Glitz and Glamour....

Evening all.... This ol' blogging malarky is getting a bit regular again isn't it? To be honest, it's lovely to get back into it.... coming lazing in bed on an evening, laptop on my knee, furbabies snoring all around and looking back on the past few days as to what to jot down to write has been great fun. 

So, what has this week bought me? Well, I've had a couple of birthdays - my daughter Martina turned 19 and my fluffy boy, Scooby, had his birthday the day after. I've also had a day down at Create and Craft bringing you the Girls Night Out Craftinator, which was quite a giggle.... and really not me. 

A bit like the title of this post. I can honestly say, I don't do Glitz and Glamour very well... give me an old jumper to chuck over my back and a pair of jeans and slippers, and that's me settled for the day ahead. Hehe. That and a pair of pyjama's - every girl needs a PJ day... and mine was today. 

So... onto todays post.. and it is all about the Bling!

For this card, the main focus of it was the sentiment. But I really wanted something to go with it, so I chose this lovely stamp from Crafters Companion, from the Frou Frou range - it is one of my favourites I admit... 

I also wanted to add a little extra sparkle, so I made some sparkly jelly tots with my glue gun and the Nuvo glitters, as well as adding some glitter card along the border in the centre, around the image and on top of the diamond in the sentiment. 


You can see just how the diamond was created on here. I layered up the wordings using the colours from the cardstock - pinks and purples, and I drop shadowed them to give it a glow. I then cut the same sentiment from the glitter cardstock, but positioning it mainly to get the diamond. I trimmed it out completely from the glitter card and stuck it to the top of the shadowed wording.


A little blingy or what?!


The only other extra thing I needed was for my little character to hold something in her hands, so I created a sort of blobby-splodgy-gluey-doo-dah for her to hold. I don't know what it is... maybe a vase.. but it finished the topper off with some shine. **smile**

The image, in case you are wondering, was coloured using alcohol pens.

I hope you like the project for tonight... until next time... happy crafting xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips