Wednesday 15 July 2015

Clean and Simple

I think by now you must all know me... I like layers on my cards, with bits of patterned papers and maybe the odd bow or embellishment here or there... well, this card is a little bit of a change from that! It is really nice sometimes to do something completely different and leave lots of white areas, remembering that not everything needs to be covered. And that actually, clean and simple is often alot more stylish. 

As you can see, I am keeping up with my posts for this week to show you some of the samples I made for the shows last weekend, using the Momento Frames and paper / card packs. 

This card below uses a few of the frames from the Regency Layering set of momento frames set and one of the smaller panels that can be found in the paper pack. 


I chose a 5 x 7 inch card and trimmed the top layer of white card down to a half inch smaller around the edges so that I had a deeper edge to the card. I cut an aperture in the top layer then added my outer frame to sit on top.

The smaller green frame sat underneath the white layer to give a little depth to the border edge. These layers were all stuck together using the Tonic glue, and then the little panel underneath was attached using foam pads for dimension. The whole panel was then stuck to the main card using foam pads too.


You can see that on this frame outer, I got the infamous 'doughnuts' with my nuvo drops... it wasn't intentional, but I had done it very quickly and kept dabbing the nozzle onto the cardstock and this is what causes it... but in reality, the dots are so tiny you can't really see it too much. I also added a pink dot onto the green border too.

So... that's my little make for tonight... I hope you take a little inspiration from it. It would be lovely to see what you've been making.

Until next time..
Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips