Monday 22 June 2015

Fill your home with joy.....

Evening all you crafty bloggers.... How are you?

Have you had a good weekend? Things here have been nice and peaceful, with a little bit of family time thrown in for good measure.... A little bit of work on Saturday at Create and Craft, and a meal cooked for me when I got home, then Sunday was my day to do the family dinner and a little bit of shopping. My favourite sort of shopping though - spending someone elses money. lol. 

So, work on Saturday, was working at Create and Craft Towers with the wonderful Christmas dies. I must admit to having a few favourites, but each one has its own appeal, and this wreath is no exception. 

It's the perfect size to fit onto the front of your cards, whether smaller or larger, and will also fit into the larger independent wreath die too. 


For today's card I have used quite simple matting and layering, as I wanted to use this fab little greeting that I picked up last year from Designs on Pine in Glasgow at the SECC. I bought a page of similar greetings and this is where my colour theme came from. I chose kraft, red and black as this was the main colours in the topper.


The topper was simply layered up on to a piece of black and red card and then measured to create the panel for it to fit onto. This was cut with an even border on both the left and right sides, and the topper section mounted flat onto the card.


The Rococo Wreath was cut from black card and also cream card, but I used Forest Moss Distress Ink to brush around the edges to add some depth and colour to the cream layer. This was then popped onto the black layer using foam pads to give some dimension. You will need to cut them up a little to make sure they fit. The other alternative it to use silicone glue and leave to dry for 24 hours. But as I am quite impatient........!


I blobbed some of our Nuvo drops onto where the berries would be and covered them with red Nuvo glitter. I left it to dry before placing on the card. You can see that I created a little drop shadow too to the wreath, and finished it off with a red tartan bow and a little Card Candy to the centre... I wish I'd done one of the little glitter Jelly Tots for the centre... but hey... I can do that next time can't I!

When all the card was put together, I used the black Nuvo drops to add some details to the corners and also to the little snowman on the topper. Looking back on my makes, I love this simple design on this one, and the colours too.... maybe - just maybe - I might make some of these for Christmas cards! Now... that would be a first! **rolls eyes and sniggers**

1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips