Tuesday 5 May 2015

Pink heart

Evening all..... 

I hope you've all managed to stay wrapped up snug and warm today...what a bit of a surprise it was to wake upto rain, wind and the like..... after these last few days of sunshine, I was getting quite used to not having to wear a cardi or a jumper! 

It's also been nice to spend the day doing silly little things, like shopping, and spending time at home with the Mr. Although, installing - or rather - reinstalling the fitted wardrobe left alot to be desired!!

Anyway, onto better and more creative things... and last week saw the launch of a new product range from Tonic. We bought you the Heart and Butterfly die and stamp sets. These were really pretty and I know that lots of folks loved them... so here's one of my little makes for the show. 

I have tried to keep the card quite simple, as I know sometimes that things can get a little over decorated and can distract from the main image. So here you are.... a heart!!

I chose to stamp the Rococo Paisley Heart onto the card base using a versamark pad to add a watermark effect to the background. I didn't emboss it as I wanted to keep it really simple. 


The  next step was to make the heart for the sentiment to go under, and to do this, I stamped the same heart as the background, but embossed it with white powder. I cut it out with the coordinating die and then popped it onto white cardstock and cut around the outside edge.


The card colours I chose were mainly to keep the colours fresh and zingy, and I quite liked the idea of using a little bit of twine in a button to finish it off... so I added that!



I hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed creating it.... it's been a lovely set to work with!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards! And as for Senna - well!!!!! Is he a Ragdoll? And do you need a new home for him? I'm offering ....

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips