Monday 20 April 2015

A little inspiration.....

Morning all..... 

I'm just about recovered now from my busy work schedule, and I'm pleased to say that Jodie is now on the mend, and up and running. So, I can get back to sharing a few little bits and bobs with you all.

This last week has seen me fly over to Belfast with the Tonic Workshops to bring you the opportunity to create a great project, which I will share after this next weeks workshops in Shepton Mallett. The workshops are a fantastic way of having a go at using the Tonic dies, and even better, trying out the new Tonic Tangerine machine - it's fantastic!!

But, as you may have seen over the past few days, Create and Craft have had the Tonic Craftinator. This weeks Tonic release is a new three dimensional die, the Shutter card die. And this is my post for today.... 

There are a few different ones to choose from, but my favourite has to be the one I've used below - Liberty. 


As you can see, even though these are shutter dies, you can use various elements of them to create a standard flat type card. No dimension needed. So, don't feel scared of them. There are full instructions on how to create the shutter style if that's what you'd like to do, but you have options!


The centre panel of the card is a mix of new and old. I have used the newer Elegant Oval to create the outer white frame, and paired it up with the Oval Trellis to give a detailed pattern for my topper. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing working with this set, and I am sure you will enjoy seeing all the other inspiration posts that are on the Tonic Gold website and also the Tonic Blog

Shopping List 

Tonic Indulgence Shutter die - Liberty 1027e
Tonic Layering Die - Elegant Oval 527e
Tonic Deco Oval Trellis Base  506e
cardstock - from  Payperbox

1 comment:

  1. I loved your shows and this card is great! Nice to see what else can be made with the dies. I am never quite sure if the recipient would appreciate a "different" folded card. Where do you put the message for instance? I know that Easel cards are the worst thing to send to people who have not seen one before. I always have to include instructions on how to put them up!!!!
    That said, I shall be buying these dies. It would be rude not to!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips