Tuesday 20 May 2014

Flowers and Butterflies...

What a wonderful combination to start a new lease of blogging with. 

Yes.. I'm back. I have had a break from blogging - unintentionally really - as I just haven't even given it a thought about blogging amongst doing other things. I've been out and around doing demo's here and there, and one of my demo's was out at Mountain Ash Crafts on behalf of Tonic. What a lovely place!

Here is one of the cards I made whilst I was there. I used the Tonic intrica punches, this one being the Regal Border, and I double backed it to create the strip along the edge. It makes your card look lovely and lacy. 


The stamp is one I used on the day from the shop, I think it's Woodware if I remember rightly. But what a lovely image. I think this needs to be on my hit list to purchase when I get around to it.

I finished the card off with a few pearls and a little bit of sparkle.

The card below is one I made for my Craft Clinic show on Create and Craft, again for Tonic, using their fantastic range of products... One this one I used the Butterfly border punch.

The border punches like a normal border, but gives you a lovely 4cm edge. So deeply detailed and full of gorgeousness! But as you know, you can also use it to go around a circle, so this circle was a 5.75 inch circle ( or the largest layering circle in your Tonic set) and you can see, it punches perfectly.


I finished it off with a greeting die, and a few Craftwork Cards Candi circles to match in with the lime green.

In addition to making projects for Jodie, shows, demo's and suchlike, I have also enjoyed being out in the garden taking photographs of my flowers. These tulips were put in last minute and I really didn't expect to have such a good show of colour, but as you can see, they look wonderful.



There are a variety of different ones that we picked up as a reduced lot inthe supermarket, and we just 'shoved' them in the garden hoping they would do something, with the intentions of moving them later on. They came out beautifully. Here are a couple of my favourites.


This one above is such a dark chocolate red colour. It's stunning. I only have around 4 or 5 of these ones but may look into getting a few more. They add a dramatic colour to the border and have kept their shape beautifully despite all the rain this week!


This one is another favourite. And it was from a pack called Sugar Candy (if I remember rightly). The colouring on the petals is lovely.. there were pink, yellow and lilac colours in the pack. Just lovely. 

Well... that's all for today. I will try to get back again at some point later to upload a few more projects for you from my demo's... *will try* being the words I need to remember. lol. 

Until later.. have fun. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, WOW WOW WOW STUNNING and GORGEOUS cards, love the first one with the gorgeous flower image and I love the regal border die, it makes the card look very elegant, Your second card is FABULOUS, love the dies and the gorgeous shape and borders, The way you've made the sentiment stand out is fabulous. And I love the gate fold style and the lime green against the white and blue, Your garden looks STUNNING and I bet you are enjoying some lovely summer evenings in it, Love Lise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore black tulips and have a few in my OH's garden. Your picture is stunning Jo, glad you are enjoying life.

    Was good to see you on CC, always enjoy your explanations and you had a good laugh too.

    Both of your cards are fabulous, Woodware do some very cool stamps. Am liking their bubble stamps which i saw on a C&C show which i had recorded with Mel Heaton, think it was Zentangle from last week, i could be wrong as she did a Letterpress show also.

    Take things easy:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tulips are stunning, glad you are finding time to appreciate them, love the card, I have a bit of a thing at the moment for lime green, it goes with so many colours - Gill

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips