Tuesday 29 October 2013

Week two of Digi Choosday...

Yes, it's that time again over at the Polkadoodles blog, and it's Digi Choosday day... which means it's Challenge time, and yes, you can join in.

This week, our theme was 'FASHION DIVA' and I chose to use the fantastic Emma Canning digi image 'Cute as a Button' that you can find in the Polkadoodles store. Check out the links on the Challenge page, and the other DT's work too - loads of inspiration on there for you all to look at.


As you can see, I've chosen to use the image as the main focus on the card. Isn't she sweet? She does have a button on the image that you can colour, but I opted to add a button in to the front of the dress. I also dotted some buttons around randomly on the card just to keep in with the theme.


The flowers are a Memory Box die cut that I've had for a while and never took out the packet - pretty much the same as these cute ladybirds too! I die cut the flowers in green, then in dark pink and layered them up to create a more realistic flower colour.


I couldn't find a sentiment that I wanted to use, so I decided to print out my own on the computer. I love the font - if only I could remember which one I used!! The border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. love this punch...!


My little Diva herself was coloured using watercolour pencils, which were blended with water, then darker shading plopped around, direct to paper. Watercolours are so forgiving that they make the perfect colouring medium for beginners as well as the more advanced.

I hope you find time to join in with our challenge this week... it would be lovely to have you take part.

Until next time... happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Loving what you've done with this - it's sooo cute. The buttons look gorgeous and your sentiment is wonderful - never thought of printing my own - it works perfectly! The colouring is so pretty too – her cheeks look adorable xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jo, I like the sweet image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Jo this is just amazing
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for ssharing this

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips