Friday 22 February 2013

Two shades of blue..

Hi-de-hi... Evening campers...

How are we all?

I've had a full on sort of day today - starting off with adjusting a little pattern I'm creating at the minute for the Creativity magazine, then straight onto pom poms, funky foam and felt! I've been preparing for a demo this weekend over at Ackworth Garden Centre, and it's a childrens demo this time.. so there'll be lots of ideas and inspiration for children of all ages - including mine!

Tonight, however, I want to share a little make with you and it's another Bestie girly. Loving these images so much at the minute. They are a doddle to colour, and of course, because they are digis, they can easily be put into the Digital Designer and resized accordingly to fit onto your card.

Here's the finished card..


I've kept the layout quite simple, mainly because I think the image needed to be kept nice and focal, so I decided to just add a bit of a handmade bunting, and a punched border. I'm not one for using too many flowers on my projects... I tend to like my cards less cluttered.


Here you can see the colouring in slightly more detail. I've used pencils for this card, just laid on quite thick and blended out a little. And she's got the perfect little cheeks to add some blush too... isn't she beautiful?!


I've added some glitter glue to the skirt and around the ears and tail, and also some Anita's 3D gloss to the shoes to give them a little shine.


And here's the bunting.... simply made from the fantastic Papermania twine in pale blue, and some craft tape over the top, folded then cut to a flag shape... simple!

I really hope you like the card tonight... it was made in about an hour, so a bit more rushed than usual.. but hey.. time waits for no man (or woman!)..

I'm entering this into the Besties Challenge - Two shades of Blue.

I'm also entering it into the following challenges.

Well.. that's it for tonight... my bed is calling me and the woofers are snoring like troopers!! Night all..... 


4 comments:

  1. Oh SWOON!!!!!! This is SO Beautiful! I am in love with your coloring ... Your card is DARLING!!!!!

    I LOVE IT..

    XOXO
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo This card is lovely, your colouring is so good, hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips