Wednesday 5 December 2012

Just to say...

Evening!!

I really don't know where the last two days have gone - and I started this post yesterday! Didn't get very far did I? lol. In fact, yesterday I spent having a bit of a reprieve and doing a little bit of colouring on and off, in between the housework and furball cuddling!

I wanted to share with you one of the cards from the Just to Say range from Docrafts / Papermania.. and I think they're just soooo lovely for every occasion. 

Now, I know this is a sympathy card, and I will go into details below on how it was made. But here it is in full... 

And here are the smaller images..  A little close up for the embossing detail on the frame card.


And a little close up of the detailed stamp. So fine, yet so perfect to stamp with!


Ok... so here's how I made it.

  • Keep it simple - The cards I have used come from the Just to Say range. They are a perfect little 5 inch square card and they come in plain, scallop emboss or dotty emboss detail. I chose to use two of the scallop frame cards, kept one as it is, and cut the frame out to stamp into. 
  • Softly does it - Because this was made as a sympathy card, I used the greeting that was in the lily stamp pack. There are three sets - a sympathy set, get well set and thank you set. I chose to ink up in brown dye ink, pull the colour out with a brush pen and add a little lilac to the petals. 
  • Babywipes again?! - yes.. they came out in force again, to shade in lilac ink around the outside of the smaller cut out frame. It emphasises the embossing detail a little more and adds a subtle colouring to the edge. 

I hope you like the card... I don't like making sympathy cards, but I just wanted to show you how the sets work. Perfect for any occasion me thinks.

Right... it's Horlicks time, then bed.... it's been a long day today.

Night night everyone!!!

6 comments:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips