Wednesday 28 November 2012

With Love....

Morning folks!!

What a surprise it was this morning to wake up and find it only cold, not raining! I'm pretty sure that the woofers are happy about that as they may realise they aren't going to wash away now... hehe. 

Joking aside, hasn't the weather been absolutely awful this past few days? I'm hoping that everyone who reads my blog is staying safe and warm. 

Today, I want to show you a card from the absolutely beautiful Me to You With Love range... this was on my show last week, or you can see it at my demonstrations. I am up in Huddersfield this Saturday at Armitages Garden Centre, so if you're passing please call in and say hello. It would be lovely to see you. 


How I made it..
  • Keep it Simple - The main image of this card is from the die cut decoupage kit, which not only means they don't take any cutting (perfect for me!!) but there is also quite a bit of depth to it. So, to keep the eye focused on the main image, I have kept the background simply layered and then mounted the image on cardstock layers.
  • Give it the edge - To accent the edges of the layers of paper, just go around the edges of it with a coloured pen. I have used the Docrafts Artiste pen in black. This makes the paper stand out from the background of the card. 
  • A little bit of glitter - This wonderful Me to You range has the glitz and glamour that you need! The glitter is encased within the glue, so if you don't like the feel of glitter this is perfect for you as it doesn't shed! You can see the sparkle on the image below.
  • Texture, texture, texture - With the decoupage and glittering, this card is already quite tactile. I decided to add a little bow from wide satin ribbon and finish it with a button and some raffia. Raffia goes with anything at all, and it's a perfect combination with the red tones in the image and papers.


So there you have it... my card for today. I hope you check back tomorrow for another little creation.

Until then, happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jo,lovely image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loverly as always Jo!!! Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Jo. I love Tatty Teddy and I really like the raffia, I've used this on a few cards myself - I usually recycle the raffia used to tie the beautiful bouquets of flowers my daughter's boyfriend buys her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always Jo. These papers are so lovely. I have made a calendar using this image over the weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable. I love that raffia and button detail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww cute card - sorry I'm so late commenting - just trying to catch up with everyone on A card a Day x

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips