Thursday 17 May 2012

I'm nearly caught up...

Yes! I can't actually quite believe it myself after being buried under a mountain of work this past few weeks... and I found my desk this evening too! lol.

As you know, things tend to get a bit hectic with one thing or another at times, and this past few weeks have just flown by. I did have a bit of a wobble last week after looking at my to-do list and wondered how I was going to fit everything in, but I had a good old chinwag with my friend Emma, and felt much better and alot calmer.. haha. Me? Calm?

So, with diary in hand, I planned my attack. I pencilled in a list of things I needed to get done, and when they needed to be done by, then prioritised them. Now bear in mind, organisational skills are not one of my strong points, so this tends to be a bit of a minefield to me! However, it's now the 17th May and I'm seeing the buntings on the horizon. Jubilee? Who mentioned that?

I have a few websites though, that are fantastic for organisational hints and tips.. I'll share the link when I find them.. but philofaxy is one I love love love.. I try to read the blog most days, and it satisfies my curiosity to how others use their filofax, and also has fab hints and tips too! I know. I'm boring. I'm a bit of a stationery geek, but that's not a bad thing. Is it?
The grand total of work achieved this week is as follows - the end of Pick of the Week last Friday, in store demonstrations Saturday and Sunday, Creativity mag commissions finished for Monday (... and there were oooooodles! but it was all lovely, so thoroughly enjoyed working with it!), Creativity TV samples started on Tuesday and finished Wednesday, and demonstrations for the launch of the new Pick of the Week which is going live tomorrow!!

I don't really get a day off until the beginning of June. Jubilee bank holiday. Sounds good to me!

As you can see, life is never dull and boring... it's all very exciting.. but one thing I am missing is sitting down to do my Blog Posting for the challenges set by Emma. So, here are another two to add to my collection of things to do when I get a chance.. lol.

Day 16


I often find myself sitting in front of the computer in the office at HQ wondering how many of my Creativity Club members do scrapbooking.
Today's blog prompt touches on the subject of scrapbooking. I would love to know if you DO and why you DO IT and if you DON'T why DON'T YOU? This could be the opportunity for you to have a go at scrapbooking to show it on your blog.

Day 17

Top Tips when Blogging...
1. At the start of each month jot down a blog post theme for each day of the month. Even if you don't stick to it daily, you have something at hand for when you do want to blog. Have a look around at other peoples blogs or at the news as this may create some inspiration for a daily post when you are planning!
2. You don't just need to blog on the day, you could write a series of blog posts and schedule them in to go live on your chosen day - you don't even need to be sat at your computer for your post to go live. Handy if you know that you have a busy day coming up.
Today's Prompt... Create a cheerful card and blog about it. Dedicate it to someone special and write about your dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips