Wednesday 22 February 2012

oh dear...

This really isn't doing too well is it... lol.. updating the old bloglet I mean. Whoops!

I know I promised some card pictures from the previous Create and Craft shows - and they are on the camera... I will honestly try to get them updated soon.

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind really - we have had some work done in the garden, which looks absolutely fab! We had the a new fence put around the garden, and along the side of the house. My next door neighbour, Ian, has done a fantastic job with his dad, and I loves me new fence... so thank you Ian!

I've also been back down to Create and Craft for a few shows last Wednesday, which went really well. Well done to everyone who managed to get the Xcut dies - I am sure you're gonna love them as much as I do.

I also had Craft class on the Tuesday - lots of fun there as usual - and also a demo at Scents and Sentiments in Barnsley on the Saturday.

It's the first time that I've been to this shop, and it took some finding, but cor blimey!!! What a little treasure trove that shop is!! Melanie and her hubby were lovely, friendly and we had a really good time. I'm booked in to go there later in the year too, so I'm sure I'll see all her lovely customers again soon. I even managed to convert some crafters into stamping - result!!

On top of this, I have had time to reignite my love for Cross stitch! I had met Jane Greenoff a while ago at Create and Craft and said if ever she needed any doing, I was here to help.. I haven't cross stitched for many many years, but I got a little kit from her a couple of weeks ago, and I've been doing it most evenings. I have LOVED it!! I can't quite understand where my mojo for cross stitch went to all those years ago, but it well and truly back with avengeance now!

I was using linen to stitch onto... and I love linen.. but obviously I can't give you too much more information, other than to say, the design is wonderful! Such a talented lady and a great designer too. Now to hunt out my favourite charts, cottons and a bit of fabric.....

So that's what I've been upto this week - and yes, I promise I will get the photos of the camera and get them onto my blog... lol.. in between everything else I need to do.. actually, joking apart, things aren't too bad this week. I'm waiting for delivery of my Docrafts designer kit for the next loop of demo's, I've got a few more shows booked in for Create and Craft (details to follow asap), and I'm working on samples and ideas for the next session of filming for Creativity TV in Bath, which is coming up in March.

Whatever you're upto this week, have a good one! Let me know if you update your blogs and I'll pop on over and take a look..

Jo xx

5 comments:

  1. cannot wait to see your samples - have a great week too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been very busy! You've just reminded me I've got a cross stitch sample hidden away that I started years ago. It's supposed to be a gift for my hubby, it's a tropical fish theme. I'llbe drawing pension by the time I finish it. Although reading about yours lol you've made me want to dig it out again lol. Have fun and keep well love NJ XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now following Jo, I love cross stitch and have 2 on my blog if you would like to peek and another one on the go. looking forward to seeing your samples. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jo, just popped in for a quick visit and am now following. My you are a busy lady...lol!...but you know the old saying..."If you want something done, ask a busy lady"!
    Will pop in as often as I can...keep up the good work.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    My blog is http://signaturecardsbysheenagh.blogspot.com if you have a minute...you'd be most welcome ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you as well,i started a cross stitch ages a go didn't get far it was picture of my grandchildren,dont now were instructions gone now since we moved 3yrs ago also got a rug was bought for my Xmas not finished that either had that a couple years never can find time what with making cards and knitting
    Pauline xx
    my blog is, http://pauline-paulinemargaret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips