Sunday 23 October 2011

fluttery fairy

This is the last of my Enchanted Christmas cards that I'd like to share for now. And again, this is one that was coming to my demo's with me. 


I kept the design of the card quite simple because the fairy was very detailed. I don't like to overpower the layering when the main image is so beautiful. So, I just did a simple layering onto the card, and cut out the scallop circles to add some detail. I cut a green one and a white one, and layered them up a little wonky to each other so that it makes a lovely border.

Here she is in more detail. Again, she's coloured with watercolour pencils, but I didn't work them with water. I just layered them up colourwise to mix the tones together. I finished the card off with a few adhesive pearls and a lovely white bow. Simple and stylish.

Now.. look what I found blooming in the garden the other day? After a few days of frosts, and some quite lousy weather if I'm honest, here's the beauty that was glowing next to the fence..


I thought I'd take a picture of the perfect rose.. because they always tend to look a bit tatty once they've opened up. I've also got some honeysuckle just starting to bloom too... very odd flowers I have in my garden! I think they've got their body clocks mixed up! lol.

1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips