Monday 4 April 2011

Birdy spotting.

Whilst I was talking to my friend Sharon this morning, a cute little bird hopped into my garden and I was quite taken aback.

I'd not seen this little fella before, so obviously my new feeder and variety of seed is attracting more birds.

Here he is - although, not a great picture as I had the wrong lens on my camera.

Photobucket


And another view for identification purposes.. lol.

Photobucket


Well.. I say identification purposes - that actually means because he wouldn't turn around.. lol. The markings on it are so beautiful. And I now know - by looking in me little book - that it is a Goldfinch. (Carduelis carduelis)

I will upload more (clearer!) photos of little little tweeter hopefully in the next couple of days. It has been in my garden for most of the day today, so I'm sure of a visit tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips