Thursday 5 August 2010

Now there's a first!

I actually don't do 'proper' scrapbooking. Nope. Not ever. That is, until this last few days when I pulled out a 12 x 12 scrapbooking kit that I got from Stampin' Up ages ago.

And this is what I made -

Photobucket


A full 12" x 12" scrapbook page!

Now I've dibbled and dabbled with the odd mini album, and the odd 8x8, 6x6 etc, but never on such a grand scale. And it was thoroughly enjoyable!!

So.. what bought on this major change do I hear you ask. Well. I follow Katy's blog, who is a fellow Docrafter, and she joins in a challenge blog called A True Friend. I just love this blog as it's all about using animal photos. And the theme this time was to tell a story. Well, boy do I have a story or two about the furballs who live with us now.. so photos abound, I started with one page only, all about Truly.

Here's some close ups of the page.

Photobucket


This one just shows Truly cuddled up with her little sis, Holly.

Photobucket


And this one is just of Truly, in the 6 foot run that she lived in before she came over from Ireland to live with us as a Foster Furball.

I'll not go into too much detail about her life in Ireland, but the fact that she can't see all that well, she has a broken misplaced rib and a foot that isn't quite normal can only tell a story of what happened to her in her short 18months before she arrived. Needless to say that our hearts sank at her situation in the few weeks she was our foster dog, and we kept her forever. Like ya do! lol.

The journalling is about Truly and how she came to stay with us, and is placed under the circle in the middle of the page.

The scrapbook kit is Love Stories {113674 - £15.99} and you get a total of 8 sheets of cardstock, 6 sheets of double sided papers and over 100 elements to help decorate up your pages. Now you can't go wrong at that price can you?? It is such great value and a bundle of lovely colours too.

I hope you like my first ever scrapbook page.. there will be more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely page and of course gorgeous pups! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jo, what a wonderful start to your scrapbook. I also think that a cute, furry, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth pet page makes everyone go ahhhhh.
    Hope you play along with us again it was lovely to see your page and your pet.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips