Thursday 3 June 2010

Time for a challenge..

Oh gosh  - where does the time go?? It's my birthday today.. another year older - and it doesn't seem two minutes since I was as young as my son! Anyway, thank you to everyone who has sent me cards and emails - it means alot. Thank you.

Now onto my card for today.

It's not very often that I do any card challenges, but I wanted to make a couple of cards for a demo next weekend where I'm helping my lovely Sheila do a SU party, and I didn't really know where to start. So after much perusing, I came across Monica's blog, and of course the link to the Stamp with Us challenge blog.

Here was the challenge template -


Now, all I had to do was turn it into a card. And here's the one I made.

Photobucket


This is the close up of the finished card, and as you can see I've gone for yellow and brown colour combo. I am loving this new colour that's just been released by Stampin' Up -  Soft Suede. It's just so lovely. The stamps are Vintage Vogue  - or Effin' Friends as Sheila likes to call it. lol.

Here's the finished card -
Photobucket

The background is Stampin Up (I'll check which pack for you when I get chance later, but I think it's Tea Party) I've also added a couple of filigree brads to the centre of the flowers, but coloured them with a permanent marker so that they blended in a little better.

Now onto card number two - and my favourite colours.

As you probably know, I'm not a big fan of green, but Old Olive and Certainly Celery definately are worth liking!

Photobucket

The papers are a new pack (and don't freshly opened papers smell lovely??) and they are the lovely Cottage Wall papers. They only arrived this last week, after being on backorder. They must be sooooo popular they are flying out!

I used Rich Razzleberry and Certainly Celery on my Vintage Vogue stamps (from the mini), and used a 'rock and roll' technique. I've tried this before but never really liked the effect. However, using this colour combo, I think it looks quite nice!

I've finished the card off with a bit of white SU ribbon and the eyelet border punch.

Right.. that's me done and dusted for today. I've got lots of prep to do for a demo on Saturday this week - we're doing Parchment craft.. This is the card we're making...


I'm tittivating it (now, isn't that a nice word? Tittivating??) and just updating the pattern a little bit for Saturday. If you'd like to join us for a bit of crafting and lots of chatter, then email me and I'll put you in touch with Lynne at the Craft Den.

Whatever you're doing today, have fun.. and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Super trooper stunning cards!
    Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge. Don't forget to pop back Sunday to see if you have made the "Top Spot"!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super trooper stunning cards!
    Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge. Don't forget to pop back Sunday to see if you have made the "Top Spot"!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards. I love the one you've made for the challenge. The ruffled strip of eyelet border is stunning. Thanks for playing along.

    Sara xx
    Stamp With Us Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips