Tuesday 4 May 2010

A wedding card

Blimey - two posts in one day.. how good am I doing? lol. I am going to schedule a few more so that whilst I'm busy this week, there is still something for you to look through. Well, that's if anyone visits.. lol.

As I said earlier, this last few weeks has been hectic with one thing or another. Doing the shows on TV takes quite alot of prep and stuff, and making the samples can be quite time consuming - well, that's if it wasn't for my lovely DT members Sheila and Chris. They are stars! This last show, I didn't get the stuff for the samples until a few days earlier, so I couldn't get them doing anything for me as it was a blind rush! In fact, the stamps didn't arrive until around half two on Wednesday!

In between doing the TV, I had a few private commissions to do, one of which if you remember, was a few cards for a lovely lady called Kay, that needed changing. (the post is further down the blog somewhere).

The wedding one I did needed changing as the couple were unable to marry in Cuba because of the ash cloud, so the card needed a total overhaul.

Well, here it is again - just a little more wedding-y than the last time as they are marrying in the UK.

Photobucket


I used the beautiful new wedding papers by Papermania for this card, and the butterflies were punches by MS.  The greeting was printed by me, and I decided to simply add their names.

There is a strip of netting down the card. I have never used this before, but bought it on one of my trips over to a craft shop in Grimsby. It is really lovely stuff, and me thinks I may need some more!! I tied a bow across the centre to finish it off.

I also needed to change the wording on this card below, and also totally redo the design as the last one eventually wasn't suitable.

Photobucket


The punches are the same as the one I used on the card in the last post, it's a MS border, and I just love it. The papers and cardstock are all Stampin Up. The papers are Tea Party (just divine colouration in that pack, I love it!!) and the cardstock is Apricot Appeal and Almost Amethyst. I just love this colour combination.

I printed the wording off on the computer. The butterflies punched again with MS punches, and finished off with some adhesive pearls. I dangled a little silver charm from the ribbon to add a little bit of bling.

Right then.. onwards and upwards. Today I am finishing off a few magasine commissions that I have had sat here since last week. One is more or less finished and the other has another couple of cards that need to be made.

I'll be back later to show you what I was upto last weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Two fabulous cards Jo. Love those MS punches and the colour combo on the second card is lush.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips