Tuesday 1 June 2010

Didn't we have a luvverly time...

... the day we went to Bangor....

Well, not exactly Bangor, although I do like that place.. but I really mean Southport and Lincoln.

Southport first on Saturday, for my Docrafts demo, and what a lovely day we had too. The weather put a few of the regulars off coming along. It rained most of the day and when it wasn't raining, it was just fairly miserable. But thank you to my lovely ladies that came and sat with me, or just stood when we ran out of chairs.. lol. It was lovely to see you all.

Lincoln on Sunday for the Sincerely Yours show, and another lovely day. What was really nice is that I got to have a hug with the lovely George and Phyllis from Diamond Card Craft who I was working for on the day, and our stall was next to a Stampin' Up stand.. and on it was the ever-so-lovely Emma Daye and her friends. Emma is one of the nicest people I know, who always has a smile on her face. Such a lovely lady. It was great to meet up with some of you and make some new SU buddies.

The show was busy for most of the day, and I think most people were feeling the pinch a little with their pennies, but we met some new and some older crafters who just wanted ideas. One lady in particular came along who was really new.. her cards were lovely, but just needed that finishing 'something'. It was nice to spend time with her explaining how to work the embossing boards. They really are magic when you can get to grips with them. I'll do you all a couple of video's shortly to show you how to score a few of the cards we did on the day.

I also just wanted to finish uploading the cards I'd made for the show, as I never got around to it the other day. All the cards on the stand were popular on the day, everyone loved them and Phyllis had done a smashing job on hers. (And yes Phyll, your colouring is coming on a treat!)

Anyway. here are the cards, and I hope you all have a fantastic day.(sorry about the colour cast on the piccies)

Photobucket

For this card I have used a stamp I've had for a long time but never inked. Isn't she lovely? I matched the colours with the papers from DCWV. Glittered too! Aren't they lovely?

I coloured her in promarkers, and added some airbrushed background. A little blob of glitter glue here and there and she was done. The topper and borders were made with the Mandala board.

Photobucket

Another little easel card here. How simple are these to make! I've used one of my favourite stamps on this card and coloured her in a mixture of watercolour and promarker.

here she is in more detail.

Photobucket
This one below now has some Bazzill Bling on her (thanks to Phyll for that) and looks a lot less empty. I knew I was going to totty up my cards a little on Sunday, so left some room to do it! Again, the stamped image was coloured with promarkers and airbrushed.

Photobucket

ll

4 comments:

  1. Yoohoo....
    Now i wonder....would I be one of those "new buddies" ha ha!
    As you can see I managed to find you!
    It was great to meet you, hope to catch up with you again soon.

    Take care
    Yeeting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo we TANTalising Stampers loved meeting you too! It was nice to have friendly faces next door to our SU stand. Look forward to seeing you again soon! Zoëx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo been a few times but could not seem to leave a message, so glad you called by my blog and left your new blog address was worried at first thought you had left blogland all together.
    Love all your cards hope to catch you at one of your demos soon :)
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved all the cards on your stand - i took photos!!!! (Must remember to upload them to the comp!!)
    was great to have something in Lincoln - we are desperately in need of crafty stash up here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips