Saturday 13 March 2010

Chipboard is great!

Now, there's a thing I never thought I'd see myself saying!! It's that Sheila woman! She has a very bad effect on me sometimes you know.. (sshhh.. don't tell her though! she may just bop me one! lol) 


So, what am I waffling on about? Well, chipboard of course! In particular, the On Board batch of Blooms, which is in the Stampin' Up catalogue, priced at just £11.75 for over 200 images!!! We have bought these (one pack each) for a little project we're making for the Craft Workshop we're holding at Bullcroft Memorial Hall in Carcroft. (That's all I'm saying about the projects .. ) 

Anyway, we had a few shapes to play with, so when Sheila's matey, Chris, wanted a hand to make a Mother's Day card, we decided to use some of the chipboards. 

Here's the card that we made - 

 I have blanked out the photos of the children, but there was a piccie of each one underneath the flowers. 

The larger shapes of the chipboard were used as templates to create the large flower head on the easel card, and also the base. It doesn't show it too brilliantly, but most of the cardstock that we used was glitter card. The papers were printed from a CD of Sheila's, and the butterflies are punched from the fantastic SU punch with has a coordinating stamp set! Aren't they so sweet?

Some of the design was given more dimension by layering up some of the images.. and personally, I think the card looks great! 

It was made to fit in a large envelope, and the card is around 7 inches round.

Here's another close up for you.. I reckon you can just see the glitter sparkling on this one.

I hope you like the card just as much as I enjoyed helping to make it.

Right then... tomorrow's post is a little different - can you guess where I was??


In fact, if you look closely, you may see some faces that you recognise. (well, if you go onto the In Love with Stamping forum anyway.. lol).

So.. where was I? What was I doing with lots of people and some cardstock?? Tune in tomorrow to find out..

See you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips