Friday 5 February 2010

Cuttle-y-buggin....

Not with the actual Cuttlebug, you understand.. but just my plain ol' sizzix. I must admit, I dream of getting an electric die cutter, but I never use this one... so can't really talk myself into it.

Anyway.. firstly, the cards for today -

Photobucket


I was helping my good friend, Sheila, run her card class yesterday and we were using the machines! The ladies there were playing with our embossing folders, dies and other goodies that we took along, and this is just one of the samples I took along.

I got the idea for this card, from this amazing lady, Julie. However, I really do think she is the Queen of this style of work, and mine just doesn't cut it somehow! It didn't turn out as bad as the one yesterday, but it could have been much better.

Here's the original from Julie's site.


I used the same inks and powders, but think I over did it.. lol. I must admit, I don't really go alot for this grungy type of work - I know Sheila does, and she's ace at it! But I much prefer the clean, crisp type of look.

This was another try - (why oh why do I bother?!)

Photobucket


Anyone want to buy any sizzix dies? Machine? Embossing folders? Just to put me out of my misery? lol.

Mmmmm.. babies with beards. I'll leave you with that thought! Hehe

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo
    I think your 'cuttled' and die cuts cards are gorgeous! Your white on white heart card is beautiful and your sweetpea card so cute
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips