Wednesday 20 January 2010

Is it really that long?

Blimey - how slack have I been? I don't seem to have posted for what seems like ages!
Anyway. Good Morning everyone! I am in a good mood today because we don't have the snow that was forecast for this morning.... unless it decides it's going to arrive later on! But for now, it's clear.

I've got so many things to tell you about things coming up in the next few weeks, but firstly, I want to tell you about last Saturday.

Me and my buddy Sheila, and another lady who joined us, went on a girly day down to Peterborough for a Stampin Up event held by Monica and Bekka. We set off at around quarter to eight in the morning, and arrived home around six o'clock in the evening.. so we had a long, lovely, crafting day!

The reason for the day was to help to promote the Sale a Bration which is going on at the moment with Stampin Up. It is a fantastic promotion where, if you spend £45 or over, you will recieve a FREE stamp set!!! Yes, totally FREE! There are a choice of four lovely sets which are only going to be available during the Sale a Bration. They will never be on general release again. So, not only FREE but totally UNIQUE. Great stuff.

Anyway, we were joined in Peterborough by lots of lovely ladies, I think around 35 of them altogether, old faces and new, and we had a great time. There were swaps (although like an idiot mine were still sat at home!) and projects, demo's and samples galore. I met up with some lovely folks that I'd not met for what seems like an age - Germaine, my Docrafts buddy Emma, lovely Linda who I'd met during demo's in Leeds, and of course, my Sheila without whom I wouldn't have laughed so much!

I apologise in advance for this, but I've had to pinch the photos of the projects, as my camera has run out of battery, so thanks go to Monica, who had put these pictures up on her blogs.



This one was a treat holder. A very simple fold, using the SAB set as an embellishment on the front. The colours are great aren't they? I love the little dangly heart - this was punched from cardstock and then hung using one of the Stampin Up paper clips. The colours are Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose and So Saffron.

We then made a great little bag for holding the Love Notes cards - I've just had to order some of these to finish the little set off.


I am just loving using the hardware that comes from Stampin Up. It's something I've rarely used before, even though I've got them, but I do like how they make a project look so different. And also, I'm not generally a fan of Satin Ribbon, but using this white from SU.. I think I may just become a convert!! Colours are Sage Shadow, Elegant Eggplant and Pale Plum. Again, the greeting is from the SAB sets.

Onto project number three, and this was this lovely card here.


Aren't the colours all bright and zingy.

Now, when I ordered my SAB set, I went for Good Neighbours, which has the houses, as I thought they would be more useful - but I really love this set!

The colours on this card are Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron. I love the effect of the faux embossing too, so I can see this being used often in the future!

The next project was a scrapbook that we made. I didn't have time to finish it on the day, so it was finished at home. I will put it in a post of it's own as it's quite a large project.... and who knows - you may even see a class on it at some point in the future!

So. A great day was had by all - what a fantastic time to spend a few hours.. well six actually! Sat with friends - cutting, gluing and sticking! And if you fancy making any of these projects and earning yourself some free stamp sets to share with your friends, why not book a party?

I was up early again on Sunday to go over to the Range at Leeds for a demo. Everyone who came was enthusiastic about the products - I think Docrafts are just getting better and better at the moment! The colours in the bag this month are just fantastic and they were selling well.

It was lovely to see some familiar faces from the days I used to visit this store when working for another company. I was pleased to get home though and spend some time with my family and of course, the woofers! I miss them all when I'm away from home, even for a day!

This weekend sees me travelling over to Southport on Saturday (providing the weather holds out!) and on Sunday I'm back on TV at 8am, so an early start there.

I've lots more things to tell you about, but I'll put them in another post.

See ya later, alligator!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips