Sunday 4 October 2009

From my travels...

Last week whilst recovering from my op, I decided to take a little venture out to a craft shop that I'd never visited before. I only have bruises and a little swelling left now, and at least I'm not having to take too many tramadol to get me through the day, so I can now drive quite comfortably.

Of course, the first thing I got was a couple of stamps..



This lovely image is a Leanne Ellis stamp from Sugar Nellie. I quite like this one. It's quite funky and I thought very generic too. As I've said before, it's not often that I put a greeting on my card until I know what I'm using it for, or if I'm giving to charity, so it's got a blank space at the bottom all ready for it.

I have used Stampin Up papers to complement the colours I used in the image and also my lovely new aquisition - Craftwork cards Butterscotch 'doo dah's'. I'm sure they have a name, but not sure what they are. I've placed these around the image to create a frame.

Here's a close up


This second card was made as a get well card. I love the little flowers shown here -



I stamped them onto an oval which I cut out with the X Cut Shape cutter and layered them up a little. I finished them off with a little pearl.

Here's the full card.

the base card is actually white, but it's showing up a little bit pink. The paper I used across the centre of the card was Craftwork Cards Elegantly Embossed, which has some wonderful designs in the pack. I also used their Parma Violets 'thingybobs' along the side of the card. I'm loving these as a quick finishing to a card where it may need a little 'something' extra.

I'm going to have a rummage through my stamps now, to see which ones haven't been inked for a while.. and who knows - I may even get to join in a challenge or two! lol.

Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips