Monday 14 September 2009

More on Harrogate... and a little moan.

I'll start with my cheery part of this post.. how are you all today? **smile**

As you know, I took a trip upto the Harrogate show yesterday and bought a couple of bits and pieces and met some lovely folk.

This is a picture of me and the very lovely Pat Taylor..

The two Docrafts Delinquants together.. great fun!

Onto a card now.

This is a card I made from a Penny Black stamp I treated myself to yesterday and some lovely pearlescent papers from Craftwork Cards.



Isn't this stamp just the cutest? I love stamps with doggies on.. I buy them if they remind me of my pupsters, but I hardly ever use them.. this one is going to be the exception me thinks.
I've used liquid applique to add the 'fluff' around the stockings and hats.

The colouring was done with copics, which match in with the theme on the copic challenge blog.

The colours to use were R29, BG05 and Y15. I also highlighted sections of it with a white gel pen.

The card also fits in with this weeks sketch challenge (no. 33) over at Inspirational Card Sketches.

Here is the card in a little more detail.
You can see on here where I've placed little dots of glitter and added some Stampin Up pearls to finish the card.

Here's the puss in the middle. You can clearly see the shading I've done on the stamped image.

I layered the images up a little to create some more dimension. I hope you like it.

So why a little moan?

Well. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but don't you just hate it when people have an opinion on something that they know nothing about? I recieved a comment left on Facebook this morning from an extended family member who thinks it's fine to spout off about things they know nothing about. It refers to thiscertain person browsing my blog and coming across the post from September the 11th I guess about me going to the hospital.

As you know I didn't hide the fact that I have a lump in my boob which is being checked out. The problem is I didn't have time over the weekend to ring my mum to tell her about the situation. Paul was at home with me on Thursday and Friday, I was working on Saturday and out on Sunday.. so when have I had the time? Am I supposed to ring late at night when I'm completely drained? Or am I supposed to ring when I have more time to explain things better?

So tell me, is this just me overreacting or what? If anyone wants to know anything about whatever is on my blog, or happening in my life, just rings me, or waits for me to ring them (don'tcha Nikki? lol) I am working everyday and have famly life to juggle with things too, and as you all know, it's not easy sometimes and actually, I can't really be bothered to talk to anyone later on in the evening. MSN is as good as it gets (Rosie - you know this too!)

So.. there.. Said it. Just had to have a moan.. Now I can't be doing with all this hassle and my name being pulled through the mud everytime someone in my extended family thinks I should do things differently, so I am officially divorcing them. As from today. If they want, they can find out why by asking, but also ask my children too - I'm pretty sure they'll explain how they feel about certain situations too!

As I have often said on my blog, my main area of concern is my family - Paul, Leyton, Carley, Martina, and not forgetting the furbabies. And this will always be so.

Normal service will resume shortly. lol.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you a nice, relaxing hug to calm you down.... and breathe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww cber hugs and I hope the rant has helped too!

    TC

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips