Saturday 4 April 2009

Feeling horsey!

Oh isn't the weather absolutely beautiful today.. sun shine all the way - perfect for a day at home doing the washing and tidying! And of course, a lovely day too for the Grand National. Now, I'm not a very horsey person at all (in fact, I have a severe allergy to them, so I usually keep a very good distance!) but I do sit and always, always watch the National. It's a must.. a bit like the annual Oxford and Cambridge boat race!


Today, sadly Here the Echo died after collapsing on the run in, but my favourite, the 100/1 rank outsider Mon Mome won! She had a woman trainer too, which is great as she's only the second female trainer to have won in the national. Good eh?!


here she is... picture taken from the web... if only I'd put a bet on!But then, I always say that every year, and never do! I just enjoy looking at the beautiful horses and choose a 'winner' on various things. This year, it's because Mon Mome has got white hocks and a little white fleck on her face.. pretty pretty.

Oh well, I may try a flutter next year! lol. If anyone did have a flutter, I hope it worked in your favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips