Sunday 10 August 2008

Ahhhh... bliss

Apart from the drive - which took just over 3 1/2 hours each way - I had a fantastic day yesterday demonstrating up in Cockermouth, Cumbria...

It was such a lovely place...


I was in Al's Toyshop, on Main Street, doing kiddies crafting. The children that came in had a wonderful time, and the two children of Alison, the owner, were delightful. Her son had fun playing with the glue gun, until it turned round and bit him.. lol.. and the daughter, Courtney, is just wonderful. She makes lovely cards with a little guidance, and has a lovely creative mind.

We had a brilliant time, and lots and lots of pompom toys and matchstick men to show for it - photos later! At the end of the day, Courtney and Alison presented me with a little gift bag, with toffees and a bottle of wine in, and a handmade Thank you card.. really lovely - thank you so much.

The scenery is like nothing around here at all.. it is wonderful... and I didn't take me bloomin camera.


These are two pictures I pulled off the net, and they show Bassenthwaite (?) Water, a big lake which is around 4 miles long and 3/4 mile wide. It is breathtaking! I had a few minutes taking in the scenery on the way back before venturing on my long drive home and stood wishing I had took the camera... unfortunately I hadn't because I wouldn't have been able to keep it safe whilst doing my demo (my thoughts anyway!).

So lucky you, if you live in that area.. it is blissful... I look forward to coming back to stay very very shortly!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog about my dog Sasha. I just wanted to say 'hi' and wow I love your photography!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips