Monday 21 May 2007

Oh what a weekend!



I'd like you to meet Asti.

It's been a bit of a sad weekend here.

On Friday, we were left with no choice but to put our baby, Asti, to sleep. She had been battling cancer for the last two and a half years, since she was diagnosed and given six months at the most. She had been doing fantastic, when a week last Wednesday she started to seem a bit fed up with things. We thought she was just having an 'off' few days like she sometimes did, and then pick up, but she didn't. We gave her a week to see if she started to feel a little better, but last Wednesday when OH tried to take her in the car up to the woods for her walk, she couldn't jump in it as she always had. Then on Thursday couldn't get up the stairs, or on the bed for her cuddles, and on Friday couldn't stand up at all. Her back legs wouldn't get up. So we decided that this was enough. She had looked at me and OH as if to say 'do something' and felt we had no choice.

I know she's safe and well, with all her friends and also my Tasha, our dobermann who died at six months old. They're all fine, and together, at Rainbow Bridge. So long my dearest baby. You were fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear your news. Our dog was put to sleep on Easter Saturday ad I didn't realise how hard it would hit me. sending you hugs for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Asti - we lost Buddy, our German Shepherd last year when his back legs wouldn't function and his quality of life suffered. I know what you mean about that look that is a plea for help. Heartbreaking for you though - sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips